This an incredible mission! So there will be no tolerance for not incredible stuff like spamming or unconstructive comments! Mind what you post,or else...

Thursday, January 21, 2010

The mysterious flying cuttlefish




Something unusual that happened that day


Have you ever seen a black cuttlefish with orange dots (like those who always star in cartoon network) twice as tall as me flying in the vast and blue sky? No response? Calling once, twice, losers! Well I am just joking. But I really saw one of those flying in the sky last weekend (Although I posted it online late, but being late is better than never!). Fascinating right? At least I felt that way after seeing the cuttlefish flying around and over watching Seng Kang. Oh no, am I revealing too much? Looks like I will have no choice but to unveil my million dollar discovery to the vast plains of the internet.
That memorable day, I had totally no intention of going all the way to Seng Kang. My heart was only occupied by one thing, that is buying myself a new laptop. As there was sale at the Audio House, my family and I made our way down to the new shop located near Bendemeer . After a scrutinising through the ‘wide’ range of laptops which they claim to have on the newspaper advertisement, we went out of the shop having as much things as when we went into the shop.
Looking at my disappointed look, my mother suggested going for a spin and also going in search of a new shopping mall called ‘Kang Kar’ mall which was rumoured to be at Seng Kang, that got my spirits lifted again as we went for our hunt for a new shopping location.
As soon as we reached Seng Kang, we saw nothing but newly build flats with fancy names resembling condominiums, joggers and most distinctively uncountable kites like make-up for the sky. And so we went round and round the place still searching for the mall. We almost gave up our high hopes until something caught my eye, no not the shopping mall but a black cuttlefish flying in the air! It was a gigantic kite stretching over three metres in height. So my father stopped the car by the road (Although I am not sure if that stopping was legal) and I got down to get a good look at the great cuttlefish. After being bizarre at the kite wondering why its tail never gets entangled, I whipped out my cell phone to capture my ‘million dollar discovery’ (I will upload the pictures on the blog soon, although they might not be at the highest quality since I maxed out the zoom of my camera).
As all long journeys end, we went off to Hougang mall to have a toilet break and some shopping so that we would not go home empty handed, and guess what? The legend of the mysterious ‘Kang Kar’ mall was unveiled; it was just right in front of Hougang mall! And to our surprise, it was no more than a hawker centre with a few pathetic small shops. So in the end the search was in vain as we did not even set foot into the ‘great’ ‘Kang Kar’ mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment