This an incredible mission! So there will be no tolerance for not incredible stuff like spamming or unconstructive comments! Mind what you post,or else...

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Satisfaction




A moment spent alone doing something I enjoyed

This is a very special entry. Never before in my life had I felt so proud of myself (in terms of IT that is). I, Brandon Ho actually fixed and boot up my very own new laptop! Amazing right? Well at least it is amazing enough for my liking. And this entry will be my first time typing something that is longer than ten words on this computer. Sit back and I will tell you more about my new found love and how I made it ‘submit’ to me.
I remembered that in the previous entry, I wrote that I wanted to go and scout for a new laptop. And this time I finally got my desired laptop. Being an eager beaver and adventurous person, the next day (Monday) I decided to embark on a computer set-up quest. As there was no one around, I thought that even if I screwed it up, no one will ever know that it is me that spoil it and that I can make my sisters the scapegoats when I ask them to help me with it(since they always make me their scapegoat), so I mustered up all my courage and opened the cardboard box with my sweat drenched hand. I took out the ‘start here’ handbook and read the steps briefly. And guess what? It told me to put in the battery, connect the plug into the power jack, switch on the main power and follow the prompts on the screen. Wow, what a ‘useful handbook! I dumped the ‘mighty’ handbook on the table and went on to switch on the computer all by myself.
The next moment, the screen said ‘starting windows’ but after a while, the screen lagged, I was momentarily frozen, and I stared at the screen blankly. But hopefully, it was just a moment that it hanged and everything went smoothly. Then I connected to my home’s wireless internet connection and set the wallpaper and theme.
After going through all the hassle and irritating windows set-up and installing the Microsoft Office, I let and out a great sigh of relief and satisfaction. I stood up and shouted ‘Yes! The first chapter of IT in my life has unfolded! Having that kind of satisfaction and content in my heart, I was all smiles for the rest of the evening. This is really one of the moments I had in my life doing something I love (New and fresh adventures) all alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment