This an incredible mission! So there will be no tolerance for not incredible stuff like spamming or unconstructive comments! Mind what you post,or else...

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Quality Time




A special moment spent with my family

Having lived in this world for almost fourteen years, I have abundant fond memories in my head. And this one is very special as my family and I were high up in the sky, having a bird’s eye view of Singapore’s city line. I bet you can already guess where we were. For those who are still cracking your head, we were on the Singapore Flyer, the mighty ‘Ferris wheel’ located near the Marina floating platform.
That day, we had no intentions of going to the Singapore Flyer but our initial idea was to go to Marina Square and Suntec City to shop for New Year clothing and my elder sister’s birthday present. But after a couple hours of walking aimlessly, my father suggested to go somewhere which will excite us, so he said we go for a ride to take a look at the Marina Barrage before going for the hotel buffet to celebrate my sister’s birthday, but when we pass the Singapore Flyer, my younger sister suggested we go take a ride on the Singapore Flyer because she thinks it is cool and exciting. But I thought it was a waste of time and gave her a sceptical look.
Then my father asked my elder sister and I whether we had any objections, so I just did kept quiet as I did not want to be a bad sport. Then my dad dropped us of at the entrance and went to get his ‘second wife’ (the car) parked. So we went in and saw the eco-garden and decided to snap a few mementos, so I forced a smile and took a picture with my younger sister who was more than excited for the outing.
After my father bought the tickets, we went in and the first thing that greeted me was a conveyer belt to check our belongings, like the ones in the airport and above it, it wrote in a giant font ‘Boarding Area’. I admit I was very fascinated by what they wrote and at the same time, I also think that it is kind of over. But when we went up the capsule (we were given a capsule all for ourselves), I just sat down and look around not being amazed by the so-called view, but when it went about a quarter of the ride, I suddenly took a hundred-eighty degrees turn about the outing and went around the capsule taking pictures.
As our capsule reached the highest point, we sang the birthday song for my sister and soon the ride ended and we went to get some souvenirs and we were almost late for the buffet dinner as we were busy choosing the items. What a special and great time we had on the Singapore Flyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment